Roasted Salsa Verde
Author: Kayla Diercks
Serves: 2 cups
- 6 tomatillos / washed + husked
- ¼ of a red onion
- ½ of a shallot
- 1 Anaheim pepper / split lengthwise
- 1 jalapeno / split lengthwise and deseeded
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- Lime juice / half of a lime
- Handful of cilantro
- Salt + pepper
- Heat a dry cast iron skillet or griddle on medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add tomatillos, red onion, shallot, peppers, and garlic. Roast 5-7 minutes on each side until charred.
- Combine roasted produce and remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the salsa reaches the desired consistency.
- Now, put it on everything!