Raspberries are in season, kids! So is dark chocolate… and cream cheese, of course. And what would you know these gems have all three! If you’re on a diet or if you don’t like butter, read no further because these are brownies, not diet food. Making fun of yourself is always fun, so here is picture of me struggling to take an artsy action picture while my family laughs at me. Blogging isn’t as easy it looks! When cutting brownies, always use a plastic knife because the brownie will not stick to it like it would to a metal one. This way you’re getting cleaner cuts and not demolishing your brownies before you actually get to demolish them!
Raspberry + Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Prep time: 20 min / Cook time: 50-60 min / Servings: 12
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks of butter, diced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 TB melted butter
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 6 oz. raspberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large glass bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, melt together butter and chocolate. Stir constantly until smooth. (Be sure that the water is not actually touching the bowl). 2. Once all of the chocolate is melted, remove bowl from heat and add in sugars and then eggs. Fold in cocoa powder, salt, and flour. Pour batter into a buttered 9×13 pan. 3. In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, and maple syrup. Drop small spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into batter. Next, lightly mash raspberries and drop into pan. Using a butter knife, swirl batter, cream cheese, and berries. Bake for 50-60 minutes.