How does a big baking sheet full of greek chicken and roasted veggies topped with feta cheese and kalamata olives sound? Add in some some grilled pita bread, maybe? Or how about the fact that this recipe comes together on one baking sheet in less than 30 minutes? Sounds pretty good to me.
Trevor and I make this recipe at home fairly often. We love how easy it is to throw together on a pan and then walk away while it bakes. I also LOVE how it uses so many fresh ingredients — fresh chicken and herbs and so so many fresh veggies!
This recipe would be perfect to save for late August when your garden is packed with peppers and onions and zucchinis!
How pretty are these golden, roasted veggies?
Roasting the lemon slices brings out an intense, caramelized citrus flavor; plus, its totally a pro move — trust me. And don’t forget to grill your pita bread because everyone likes warm, toasty pita bread. Am I right?
- 2 chicken breast / about 1.5 lbs
- 4-5 small baby potatoes / halved or quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper / cut in one inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini / thickly sliced
- ½ red onion / quartered and seperated
- 1 lemon / sliced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves / crushed and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil / or 1 tsp fresh
- ½ tsp dried thyme / or 1 tsp fresh
- ½ tsp dried oregano / or 1 tsp fresh
- salt + pepper
- 4 pita bread
- ¼ cup kalamata olives / optional
- ¼ cup feta cheese / crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prep chicken by splitting the breast in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet.
- Prep all veggies and arrange around the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, spices, and herbs in a small bowl and mix well. Using a brush, spread marinade evenly over chicken and veggies. Arrange lemons over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and potatoes are cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, heat a grill pan or cast iron pan over high heat. Brush pita bread lightly with olive oil and grill 1 minute on each side.
- When chicken and veggies are cooked through, top with feta cheese and olives and serve with pita bread.