These simple roasted potatoes are well seasoned with citrus zest and sprigs of fresh dill, slightly caramelized from the white balsamic vinegar, and still soft and pillowy on the inside.
Everything a good little baby potato should be.
I’d say this side dish would get along well with just about anything… a Sunday roast, grilled chicken, roasted salmon filets, or you could even keep it vegetarian and toss them with a field green salad.
White balsamic vinegar is actually one of my secret ingredients for the best roasted potatoes. It adds a bright flavor to the taters and the sugar in it is also responsible for those yummy caramelized edges — my favorite!
Don’t be afraid to top these off with a little extra chopped dill and lemon zest when they’re done in the oven for an extra burst of fresh, bright flavor.
- 1½ lb fingerling potatoes / halved
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB white balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB fresh dill / chopped
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with olive oil, vinegar, dill, lemon zest, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and tender when pierced with a fork.