Pumpkin seeds + coconut chips + dried apricots + chia seeds + dark chocolate + oats = the perfect homemade snack for your next outdoor adventure! Or, let’s be real, also a good way to stay awake during a meeting which is when I actually eat this stuff. When planning this granola recipe, I basically just threw together all of my favorite dried fruits, toasted some seeds, and hoped for the best. It turned out delicious, and the lovely smell it made while it was baking was well worth the effort! Feel free to adjust this recipe to your own taste and sub in your own favorites.
This granola was brought to you by… Trader Joe’s! Because where else do you go for your granola making needs?
Everybody loves a good pouring shot. And, how do I do it? Well, with the assistance of my very helpful husband, of course!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3 oz dark chocolate / roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots / roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried coconut chips
- ⅔ cup coconut oil / melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 TB brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, vanilla, honey, and salt. Pour this mixture into the bowl with the seeds and oats and stir to combine.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread out granola mixture evenly in the two pans. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring each pan once in the middle and alternating racks if necessary. After 40 minutes of baking, remove both pans from the oven and stir again. This time sprinkle each pan evenly with brown sugar. Return to oven and bake for 20 additional minutes. Let cool.
- Once the granola has been cooled, mix in dark chocolate, coconut, and apricots. Store in an air tight container and keep in the fridge for best results!