This week’s blog post is all about my favorite sandwich from the St. Peter Food Co-Op & Deli! The recipe for these sandwiches is inspired by their Pesto + Provolone Sandwiches which are staples in their deli. I’ve been obsessed with theses sandwiches since high school, and I’ve basically been craving them every other day since then. If you don’t end up making this recipe, at least stop by the Co-Op the next time you’re in St. Peter and grab one of these out of the case!
Although they may seem simple, these little sandwiches are so yummy and are packed with flavor and crunch. There’s just something about the combo of pesto and provolone. Mm. Don’t tell Trevor, but they’re even *whispers* vegetarian.
These sandwiches actually keep pretty well for a day or two so this recipe is great for those of you who like meal prep or for times when you need a packed lunch! The baguette bread is sturdy enough to stand up to the pesto and veggies without getting too soggy.
- 2 large baguettes
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 bell pepper / sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ cup kalamata olives / pitted and quartered
- fresh or jarred pesto
- Cut baguettes into 6 pieces and split horizontally.
- Spread pesto evenly on one side of baguette; then spread mayo on the remaining half.
- Place on slice of provolone on each sandwich. Divide spinach, bell pepper, and olives between sandwiches and layer on top of cheese.
- Eat! Or wrap in Saran Wrap or parchment paper to enjoy later.