Check out our favorite green smoothie recipe here — these Green Pineapple Smoothies are loaded with fruits and veggies, think pineapple, spinach, carrots, and apples, and just slightly sweetened with a drizzle of local honey. We also like to top them off with a garnish of more fresh pineapple, chia seeds, and coconut flakes.
Don’t be skeptical about putting veggies in your smoothie. It’s so good; I promise! They add a lot of nutrition but not a ton of flavor so you still get the sweet, fruity taste you expect in a smoothie.
You’ll need a really good blender to cut through the apple and carrots and ice; we definitely recommend Ninja Blenders for just that reason.
- 1½ cups pineapple chunks / fresh or frozen
- ½ cup spinach / packed
- ⅓ cup carrots / peeled and grated
- ½ apple / cored and chopped
- 2 cups ice / or about 8 large ice cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Honey / to taste
- Prep fruits and veggies.
- Combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Top with chia seeds, coconut flakes, and pineapple pieces if desired.