Grapefruit + Pear Granita: with only three ingredients and no refined sugar, this has to be the easiest (and healthiest?) dessert to date on Adventure. Gather. Eat. Not to mention that it all comes together in a snap right in the blender. Easy peasy.
Granita is a crunchier, icier version of sorbet, almost like a shaved ice. Basically, the most refreshing dessert you will ever eat and also a great way to take advantage of grapefruit season.
Could these grapefruits be any prettier?
Just a few seconds in the Ninja Blender turns the pears and grapefruit juice into a silky, smooth puree. I LOVE our Ninja Blender and would highly recommend this brand if you’re in the market for a new blender.
SPOILER ALERT: This recipe is actually a test recipe for the 8th Annual Valentine’s Pop Up Dinner at Grace Christian School! Our pop up dinner is featuring a 12 course tasting menu this year, and this refreshing granita is going on the menu as one of our palette cleansers. Be on the look out for more updates!
- 3 cups pure grapefruit juice / 4-6 grapefruits
- 3 ripe red pears / peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1-2 TB honey
- Juice grapefruits and strain out seeds and pulp with a fine mesh strainer.
- Prep the pears by peeling them with a vegetable peeler or paring knife and then roughly chopping them.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard fruit pulp. Pour granita mix into a loaf pan or shallow baking dish.
- Loosely cover the pan with Saran Wrap and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and mix well to avoid separation. Return to the freezer and freeze for atleast 2 more hours or until solid.
- When ready to eat, scrape the surface of the frozen granita with a fork. Scoop and serve!