Guys, I am so, so excited to be sharing this post! This cucumber + melon salad is what summer eating is all about. Lots of fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies paired with even more fresh-cut, home-grown herbs. So refreshing and so delicious! And, it gets better…
Not only does this blog post include this gorgeous summer melon salad, it also includes a very exciting event announcement!
Adventure. Gather. Eat. is partnering with Chef + Farmer Collective and Tandem Bagels to host our first ever Pop-Up Restaurant: The Gathering Table.
This event is taking place on Friday, July 7th at 8pm and is open for reservations. Our pop-up restaurant will be located at Tandem Bagels in Mankato, MN and will be held outdoors, weather permitting! We will be serving a 10 course tasting menu featuring this cucumber + melon salad as well as nine other seasonal and locally inspired plates.
Make your reservations here!
- ½ small cantaloupe / chopped
- 1 medium cucumber / sliced
- 2 fresno chilies / thinly sliced and deseeded
- 1 small bunch mint
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- ¼ cup feta
- ¼ cup pepitas / toasted
- 2 TB lime juice
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ⅛ tsp coriander
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- salt + pepper
- Heat a small, dry pan over medium heat. Toss in pepitas and toast gently for 3-5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Prep melon, cucumber, and chilies. Roughly chop mint and cilantro.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, zest, and spices in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- On a platter or in a large bowl, combine melon, cucumbers, chilies, herbs, pumpkin seeds, and feta. Top with vinaigrette and serve.